How can we prove that my husband was never charged with the felony on his record? 1 Answers as of April 08, 2011

My husband was arrested over 6 years ago for a controlled substance charge. Before going to court and less than 24 hrs after the arrest all charges were dropped. Over the last year he has had a dozen background checks done and this was never an issue. Yesterday a new employer did a background check and there is a conviction for possession of a controlled substance, a felony! He could lose his job tomorrow if we can't prove this didn't happen. The county the arrest occurred is over 5 hrs away. And we can't afford the gas to get there and back before tomorrow. They refuse to help us over the phone. Please help! We are desperate.

Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC
Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC | Rankin Johnson IV
Any attorney with access to the court's computer network, OJIN, can probably find it, and a phone call from that attorney to the background-check company that says you have a conviction would probably fix the problem.