How can we prove that my husband was never charged with the felony on his record? 1 Answers as of April 08, 2011

My husband was arrested over 6 years ago for a controlled substance charge. Before going to court and less than 24 hrs after the arrest all charges were dropped. Over the last year he has had a dozen background checks done and this was never an issue. Yesterday a new employer did a background check and there is a conviction for possession of a controlled substance, a felony! He could lose his job tomorrow if we can't prove this didn't happen. The county the arrest occurred is over 5 hrs away. And we can't afford the gas to get there and back before tomorrow. They refuse to help us over the phone. Please help! We are desperate.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC
Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC | Rankin Johnson IV
Any attorney with access to the court's computer network, OJIN, can probably find it, and a phone call from that attorney to the background-check company that says you have a conviction would probably fix the problem.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 4/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: