How can we prove that my father is a permanent resident to ICE? 8 Answers as of January 06, 2011

My dad was detained by ICE for being here illegally we have proof he is a permanent resident and I am one of three children of his born in the US. We have proof he is our father, what should we do?

Show up at the ICE detention center with the man's green card, the notice of action from CIS granting him permanent legal residency adjustment of status
There are many ways to prove permanent residency. See what paperwork you can find for him at home - copy of his PR card, actual PR card or welcome notice, his Alien number, file I-90 for replacement PR card Freedom of Information Act request for a copy of the government's file on him.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Provide it to the ICE officer or the Immigration Judge.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You should contact the deportation officer to give him the proof. If that does not work get in touch with an immigration attorney to get a hearing in front of an immigration judge as soon as possible.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
There are many ways to prove lawful permanent resident status in the US. However, I do not know the circumstances of your father's detention and cannot give a sufficient response. You need to contact an immigration lawyer to assist you with this.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    ICE can check the database using his name, Date of birth and place of birth...They should see his information. If your dad had his green card many years ago (in the 40's or 50's), they might need to see his green card. Usually ICE doesn't keep permanent residents unless they have some crimes who makes them deportable, so ICE might know he has a green card but may believe your dad is deportable.
    Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
    Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
    Provide your proof to ICE that your dad is a permanent resident. It is possible that you dad may have lost his residency by leaving the country for an extended period of time, or by committing certain crimes which make him subject to removal. If you are US citizens and are over 21 years old and your dad no longer has legal permanent resident status you can sponsor him for this, so long he was admitted and inspected into the country. However, you really should seek the assistance of a competent immigration attorney to help you figure out your dad's true status and to deal with ICE.
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
    Do an info pass with USCIS to check his name in the database. I can do it for you. Contact my office.