How can we prevent pictures being published online without consent? 2 Answers as of January 11, 2011

An old boyfriend of my wife recently emailed my wife demanding money or he would post sexually explicit pictures of her on a hardcore porn website, and also send the pictures to her son who is a minor. Is there a way to have these pictures removed from this site and what else can we do about his threat to send the pictures to her son?

Your question does not indicate whether or not you have already contacted law enforcement in your community concerning the alleged threat. In addition to your consideration of pressing criminal charges, we would need more information in order to know whether or not a civil lawsuit would also be possible. In short, we recommend that you contact an attorney in your community to further discuss all your rights and options. Good luck!
I have no idea. My guess would be to file an injunction. But her ex is probably not the type that loss of money would be a deterrent. Removing it is one thing. Suing for emotional damage is another thing. However, preventing the photos from being shown in the first place, other than knowing the attorney with the knowledge will charge you a boatload of money ($20K or more),I have no idea. Good luck.