How can we obtain fair employment benefits? Posted on January 19, 2011

After conferring with his superior, the County Sheriff, my husband retired from the County Sherif's Department 3 years ago with the verbal promise from the sheriff that he could return to his job duties (after the SCPORS required 15 days of leave) with the same salary and benefits -including accruing leave at the same rate. Now the Sheriff says that he should have been granted benefits as a new employee (as though he did not have 25 years of service). Since my husband does not have a written agreement to prove this and the County does not have a policy in place, what is our recourse?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: