How can we leglly change the name? Posted on May 08, 2011

I found out that a family member altered a birth certificate that gave the wrong last name to my brother in law, who is currently an ex-brother in law. This was done by his mother when he was entering grade school or pre-school but done about 52 years ago. This means his son born to my sister and my sister were using a false identity as a last name. Does this change anything legally if they were engaged in court room testimony and trials and legally filed documents in New Jersey? My sister knew about the fraud with her name and her son's name and husband then now ex-husband the whole time. What are the specifics involved in getting this unraveled and what legal ramifications does this have on all recent and past legal trials, depos, legal documents and legal appearances?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: