How can we help our granddaughter? Posted on July 06, 2011

I have a granddaughter that wants to leave her parents home. She is 17 1/2 years old and she's having a hard time with her father. He drinks too much and in my opinion isn't a very good father. Is it legal for her to just move out of her parent’s home or should she try to get emancipated? She can come and live with her Grandfather and me but she won't leave till she knows that her father can't pull her back into their home. Thanks for any help you can give her and I, we need it badly.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: