How can we go about making someone a legal US citizen? 5 Answers as of February 25, 2011

Me and my significant other have been together for 12 years. He got in trouble over 15 years ago, to be exact it was like 17 years ago. He is now considered an ex felon and an immigrant to this country. How and who do we need to talk to, to make him a citizen or to become married?

I would say that I would have to know about what kind of felony it was. If it was what is called in the law, an "aggravated felony", then he could be refused citizenship and could even suffer deportation. But some felonies are not, and if committed more than 5 years before the application to obtain citizenship, it would not count against him. To discuss this at greater length, please feel free to e-mail me or call to schedule a consultation.
If you marry then file an i-130.
Arrange to consult with an attorney who handles immigration matters and, particularly, claims under 245 (i). However, if your intended was convicted of what immigration authorities consider an "aggravated felony", he could be subject to removal proceedings.
As your information is not very clear, in order for me to advise you properly and see what waivers are available; you can contact me for a free legal consultation to go through your options.
You can marry him, if you want. Then you should contact a lawyer such as us to prepare filing package for you, given the criminal record. We can be reached at 954 892 5517 or attorney@immigration-lawyer-Chinese.com. Good luck!