How can we get trespassing charges dropped? 2 Answers as of June 13, 2011

My son is a college student at ECU in Greenville, NC. Yesterday at the football game he got in trouble for trespassing. We think he may have been drugged.

He had three mixed drinks before the game. He remembers bits and pieces of being taken to the detention center but not everything. He does not know what he did to actually get taken in.

How can we get these trespassing charges dropped? He said the officer gave him several chances to have someone pick him up however he could not get his phone to work. He is a good kid with a good gpa. What can we do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP
Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP | Locke T. Clifford
He needs to talk to an attorney. They may be able to get the ADA to dismiss the charge against him based on his completion of a drug class or some community service.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 6/13/2011
The Law Office of Matt A. Stockdale, PLLC
The Law Office of Matt A. Stockdale, PLLC | Matt A. Stockdale
Let me preface my answer that I do not practice law in that part of the state so I do not know the exact policies for that Judicial District. I assume they have a first offender's program. If your son has not been in previous trouble, he should qualify for that program. If he is offered the program and successfully completes the program, the charges would be dismissed. At that point, he would likely be eligible for an expunction to get the charge completely wiped off his record. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 11/5/2010
Click to View More Answers: