How can we get legal guardianship? Posted on May 21, 2011

There is 80/20 Physical custody (mother), joint legal custody. Live in different states, 17yr old child in mother's custody wants to go to school in state where father lives. The child has not talked to father in a year (father & child's choice) no visitation has taken place for a year, father refuses to fly child out. The child will be living with my family and attending school with other extended family members. The state the child currently lives in has limited school choices, is in best school now, but is not working out. The new school says they need guardian to sign child up. I would not be living there and need temporary guardianship to go to my sister or mother. How do I go about this? If the father agrees to school, how is child support handled?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: