How can we file a grievance regarding our public housing rent? Posted on February 21, 2011

I live in public housing in PA. Recently I was married and my rent was adjusted because of my husband’s income. But the amount is based on what he makes not what he receives. Half of his check is taken by VA child support. He only brings home about $400 and our rent is $359. Housing says it does not include child support paid out, but it does include child support paid when determining rent. Is there any grievance or something we can file? I have gotten a job but the rent just went up again we are still unable to afford this. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: