How can we ensure my boyfriend is not deported? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

I'm trying to get married to my fiance. He is out on a $3,000 bond from the INS but he has a criminal record still pending. He is fighting it and we need some advice on what can we do for him not to get deported. I am a full time student and he pays everything for me including housing, food, clothes, etc. He has been here for only 3 to 4 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
That really depends on what he is charged and later convicted of. In addition, if he does not have any legal status, he will be deported unless he he has relief available to him, such as a petition by his US citizen spouse(if he entered the US illegally he may be ineligible to adjust status). Please consult immigration attorney for further advise.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: