How can we bring back a deported family member? 1 Answers as of May 19, 2011

Hello, my uncle was just deported today. his deportation was due to criminal charges I believe, but those criminal charges were of false accusations by his ex-wife; his lawyer did not send the appeal and he did not answer our phone calls. Is it possible to bring my uncle back to the U.S? (He has two underage kids).

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I cannot say for sure. However, if he was removed based on charges for which he was not convicted, then there may be some issues you want looked at on appeal. If he wanted to appeal the removal and he had a basis for the appeal but his attorney did not do it, then he might also have issues that can be looked at by higher courts. But listen, a lot more information is needed to flesh out the issues in this question and this kind of question is better answered by an attorney that you hire to look into all of them. In this forum, I am really flying blind when it comes to matters that need to be detailed. And the question whether he can be brought back will depend on the details. Ultimately, he will be back if the criminal charges are not the kind that can have him "barred for life." So, please consult with an attorney on this. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: