How can a student without documents go to college? 2 Answers as of September 29, 2014

I am a 17 year old student willing to go to college but I can't do this without a green card or SSN. I live with my stepmother. My parents are divorced. I chose to live with my stepmother to go to school in the US. But now I'm having problems because all I have is a passport and some other document. I really want to live here, go to college in the US. Any idea please?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
If you have been living in the United States continuously from at least June 15, 2007, you may be eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which if approved would give you a work permit that is renewable every 2 years. With the work permit, you can apply for a social security number and legally live and work in the US.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/29/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Go home and apply for a student visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/29/2014
Click to View More Answers: