How can a state hold a DUI against me when I'm not and was not a resident? 2 Answers as of January 04, 2016

I had my license revoked while being a resident. I moved as a permanent resident when 5 years later, I got a DUI where I am a permanent resident but the other state holds it against me and won't take line off my license. Before leaving, I completed my probation fines and fees and I've also done the same here.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Some types of traffic convictions (such as DUIs) remain on your driving record forever. Also, keep in mind that all states share traffic violation information with each other. Otherwise, people could do whatever they wanted (rack up a bunch of DUI convictions, for example), then move to another state to avoid the consequences.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 1/4/2016
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Yes, commonly do. It is called reciprocation, well established and legal.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/4/2016
Click to View More Answers: