How can spouse get a power of attorney to assist him regarding treatment and or managing bills, etc. if spouse is in a coma? 1 Answers as of September 14, 2015

Couple has been together for 13 years. They have two kids but never married. The spouse is now in a coma. He hears but can’t move or speak. He can only nod or blink. He is in a state that if you ask him a question he acknowledges and responds by nodding or blinking.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
If they never married then there is no spouse. The significant other can go to circuit court and attempt to gain guardianship of the person in a coma. If there are no objection, they probably will be named as guardian.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: