How can someone get a U-visa? 1 Answers as of April 27, 2011

My sister is an undocumented immigrant. She was shot in the stomach by her then e boyfriend in 1999 in Mew York. She spent 6 months in the hospital and 3 months in psychiatric treatment. Her assailant was arrested in 2004 for another unrelated shooting charge he is currently serving time. She still has no papers. She now has three children and is trying to see the best option to get legalized without having to leave. My question is if she could qualify for U-visa

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Yes if she is assisting law enforcement with their investigation; and they are willing to sign an I-918 on her behalf.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: