How can Social Security be gotten for spousal support after divorce? Posted on June 06, 2011

My parents emigrated to US from England, became citizens and paid into Social Security, mostly under my father. They retired back to England and got divorced after 41 years of marriage. My father collects almost a $1000/month. MY mother in law apparently collects on her own, about $150/month. Can't she collect under him and get more? She is virtually broke and I think she has been misinformed by other relatives. She lives in Florida, he lives in England. I have all certs, like marriage, divorce, etc. Can you help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: