How can our MSA divorce agreement be enforced in California? 3 Answers as of April 26, 2011

I filed for divorce in California in 2008. It was granted and the judge signed the Marriage Settlement Agreement as the ruling and fair. Following the fact that I did not ask for alimony and he made 56 million a year and the judge was furious he only claimed to make 15 million. I showed discovery that he in fact did make 56 million per yr. I had mercy on him and was in high hopes that we could remain friends and he would be part of our daughter's life, even though he convinced me if I did not go after half he would let me have full custody of our daughter (legal custody). He was ordered dec. 18th 2008 to pay my 4k a month which I reduced for him to 3500.00 a month for our daughter providing he gave me the house exclusive rights to the home he bought that we had both lived in, but he bought prior to our marriage) for 3 years, he was also supposed to pay for insurance for the only vehicle I asked for and all medical and dental bills for our daughter until she is 19 years of age. He was also supposed to pay me 30,000 dollars which he talked me into taking his jaguar instead and a truck which he promised would sell for 30k together. This 30k was supposed to go to a college trust for our daughter. As soon as my attorney was done with his job and the MSA was signed, my ex stopped paying the full amount and rarely paid on time, after the first year he could only sent a 1000 dollars or 300-500 dollars whenever he felt like it, until finally he just stopped paying all together. I filed a case with DCSS. They did nothing. He would pay only what the state asked and that was about 25 dollars -50 dollars and never more that 5 months so that he would not be considered over 6 months late on his child support. The judge said the was nothing I could do to get him to pay me because of his self employment, he owns all his businesses. I loaned my car to a so-called friend the car was wrecked. He ex said he would fix it.nvr saw it again. He never followed a thing the order said too! help!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Curry & Westgate
Law Office of Curry & Westgate | Patrick Curry
Hire a family law attorney to enforce the MSA.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/26/2011
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
I can review your orders and enforce the terms and collect all the money he owes. We can determine the full amount owing, obtain a money judgment, then take his assets to be sold to satisfy the judgment. There are also other steps to take to place a lien on everything he owns so that he cannot buy or sell property, vehicles etc. Until you are paid in We may be able to sell his vehicles, and take his bank accounts too. I have developed a very surprising (legal) way to get his bank money before he can transfer it.

DCSS will Not provide these additional collection steps.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: