How can my son get his wife into the US? 3 Answers as of May 03, 2011

My son is a green card holder is USA for 2 years now. His wife is living in Albania. How could be possible for them to live together in USA? Before some months my sons wife applied for a visitor visa and it was refused by the US embassy in Albania. What could he do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Your son should file form I-130 for his wife. When the form is approved, he will have to wait until his visa priority date becomes available in order for his wife to process her Immigrant visa in Albania to come to the US. This will take a few years. Better start now. The US consul will not give a visitor's visa to his wife if they know he is a LPR. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
If he has not already done so your son needs to file an immigrant visa petition for his wife with USCIS. Unfortunately, due to quota restrictions, it will take many years before his wife is able to immigrate to the United States as a result of this petition. I suggest that your son consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of the case and possibly recommend other options in addition to filing the petition.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/28/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
The reason that the US Embassy in Albania refused to issue a visitor's visa to your daughter-in-law is that she appears to be an intending immigrant. She is married to a US resident. Her chances for a green card are much better. Your son needs to file and I-130 for her.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: