How can my husband get his green card? 4 Answers as of May 04, 2011

I am a us citizen, my boyfriend came to the us with the visa waiver program. We got married 2 days ago. How can he get his green card?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Depending on his country of origin, he can just go ahead and file the pertinent paperwork. Forms I-130;I-485; I-765; I-864; G-325A; I-693; will need to be filed with supporting documentation. If this is important to you, consult an attorney and they can save you a lot of headaches. He is good to go. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/4/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You must file and I-130 petition and he must file for adjustment of status. You will both then be interviewed, and if approved he will receive a Conditional Resident Card. Since he came in under the Visa Waiver Program it is best you speak to an attorney before filing.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
If you are a U.S. Citizen you file I-130 & I-485; even though your husband entered under a visa waiver. Have an Immigration Attorney file your petition.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/2/2011
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
Congratulations on your marriage! You will have to file a petition for your husband and there are applications and various other documents that the two of you need to file as well. Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney who can explain to you the process and what you should expect.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: