How can my husband become a US citizen? 3 Answers as of May 16, 2011

My husband was brought over to us from Canada by his mom on her visa. He has his own visa now. He has been in us for 35 yrs. how can he become a US citizen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
No, your husband has to become a resident first. Did he ever apply for anything in the last 35 years? Have him call me. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/16/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Your boyfriend may already be a USC if his mom got citizenship when he was a minor. You will have to check. In any case all he has to do is file a N-400 application and follow instructions. I need to caution you (him) about filing it before consulting an attorney only because this is an easy application that can also get you removed or deported from the US if the information you put in there triggers some kind of ineligibility. Things like a criminal records can be very painful in N-400 applications. So, good luck to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/13/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Your husband, need only apply for citizenship, if he has been in the USA with a legal permanent residency visa. It starts with an N-400 application. Get in touch with me if you need assistance, and we can set up an appointment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: