How can my husband become legal with out leaving the country? 3 Answers as of July 12, 2013

My husband and I have been married since 2007. We have eight children. I am a full time student and I have a full time job. We have already submitted the i130. Can he get citizenship without leaving the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Before you do anything else, please go see a competent immigration attorney. Does your husband have any status in the US? Hopefully so, because you have just made DHS aware of his unlawful presence and address. Also, if he entered illegally, he is probably not eligible to apply for a green card in the US, instead only eligible for the consular application. In that case, he will trigger a ten year entry bar when he leaves and will need an extreme hardship waiver to return. Please, seek a consult now so you can fully analyze his case and determine what options he has, and how to handle it!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
More information is needed to answer this questions. Are you a U.S. citizen? Has anything been filed before?
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/12/2013
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
This depends on his immigration status (valid visa? visa overstay? entered illegally?) as well as your status (citizen or permanent resident). This is clearly an important matter for your family and you need to consult with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: