How can my friend divorce someone who lives out of the country? 1 Answers as of January 12, 2011

My friend lives in Michigan and her husband lives in Costa Rica. She wants a divorce. There are no kids involved. Can she do an easy divorce process? He cannot come back to the states legally to sign or anything.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Martin Blank
Law Office of Martin Blank | Martin E. Blank
She should send him the papers by mail. She should attempt to obtain his signature by agreement. In a situation like this an attorney is highly recommended so that you can make sure that the service of paperwork is done correctly.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: