How can my ex sign over full custody of our daughter to me? Posted on July 26, 2011

My ex spouse wants to join the military, we currently have joint legal and physical custody of our three year old daughter. In order to join the military, he must relinquish custody of our daughter. I am fine with this as ultimately it will allow him to provide better for her ( he has been unemployed due to layoff for over 2 years). Can we just draft a new parenting plan, both of us sign and have it notarized and submit it to the court, or will we have to actually go in front of the court and file a motion to modify?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: