How can my daughter's boyfriend stay in the USA? 9 Answers as of April 25, 2014

My daughter's Jamaican boyfriend is here legally. His visa expires late May 2014. She is pregnant and they want to marry. They have been dating for 2 years. Is it too late to try to help him to stay and help through the pregnancy/delivery and marry my daughter after the baby is born?

They can marry and then she can petition for his green card on the basis of marriage. It does not matter if this happens after his visa expires. He will be able to remain in the US to get the green card.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If your daughter is a US citizen, and if the couple gets married, your daughter can file a petition for him, he can remain in the country. But it is suggested they retain the services of an immigration attorney.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
It's not too late to help your daughter's boyfriend. As long as he entered the country legally and your daughter is a US citizen, he will need to concurrently submit an I-485 application for adjustment of status along with your daughter's I-130 relative petition to USCIS.
He should go back to Jamaica immediately. Then she should apply for a fiance visa. It should not take too long. Once he has visa, he can come back and then marry. Do not try to take shortcuts. It will only end up taking longer or worse he could be denied.
Ben T. Liu Law Office
Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
I assume your daughter is a US citizen and an adult. She can help him by marrying him and petition for him as an immediate relative. He should be able to adjust status here. File the I-130 and I-485. Or see an attorney.
    Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
    Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
    No it is not late. As soon as they get married she could petition for him, assuming she is a PR or USC.
    Alena Shautsova
    Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
    It is not too late. They can get married and he can stay here legally once she petitions for him.
    The answer will depend upon his intentions upon entering the United States. You would be best advised to meet with an experienced immigration attorney.
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
    That should be fine. He can apply for his green card only after he marries your daughter. The entire process only takes about 3 months from start to finish. Just make sure that he doesn't leave the US during the process. And always consult with an experienced immigration attorney before doing anything.