How can my boyfriend return to the US after being deported? 3 Answers as of February 09, 2011

Can my boyfriend return to the US after being deported due to staying longer than his tourist visa allows. If we get married can he return with no problem even if he got deported?

Of course not. Citizenship does not give your privilege in front of law. However, if he does not have criminal record and the reason he was deported is solely because he overstayed his visa. He might be able to obtain a waiver for immigration bar. As far as how to and where to obtain such waiver, talk to a lawyer near you. Or contact us if you want.
If you and your boyfriend get married you can petition him. However, he would have several problems in returning because of his prior unlawful presence and his prior deportation. Neither of them could permanent prevent him from returning, but will require filing I-601 and I-212 waivers. Both are complicated and require the services of an attorney.
He must wait the full amount of time- normally 5-10 years before trying to reenter. Illegal reentry will have very serious consequences for him. You really need to meet with a specialist in removal immigration in order to determine what your options are because it will really depend on details specific to his case.