How can my boyfriend become a legal citizen? 2 Answers as of April 14, 2011

My fiancee has been deported 3 times and recently tried to crossed the border again and got caught. My question is what are the chances of getting him legal if I went to México and married him.

If your husband was deported (instead of other ways in which a person is denied entry) and then caught on re-entry within the time period in which he should have been out of the US, then he is subject to ten years in federal prison and is very lucky that they did not pursue this. My understanding is that, if this indeed is what occurred, then he is permanently ineligible for a green card in the US. I recommend that you seek a consultation with a competent immigration attorney to verify this.
If you go to Mexico and marry him. Then you must file an I-130 for a visa. Having been deported previously is obviously a problem. Hire a top notch immigration attorney to fight this.