How can my boyfriend become legal? 1 Answers as of April 24, 2011

My boy friend is a 28 year old male that entered the united states at the age of 4 years old ilegal, I was convicted of a crime at the age of 20 or 22, but I was released after serving 6months in juvinal prison. But than 1 year later I was caught by "ICE" immigration customer enforcement, after 3 month in crime I was deported. It has been over 5 years and that was the amount of time given to me before I can applied to return, I have been his girlfriend for over 10 years wants to get married with him and file for his return, is there a possibility for him to get legal papers to return, especially with Haiti earth quake issue and non livable state? And if so what will we have to do as far as the process of getting started on the issue. The question is: my boy friend is a 28 year old male that entered the United States at the age of 4 years old illegal, I was convicted of a crime at the age of 20 or 22, but I was released after serving 6months in juvenile prison. But than 1 year later I was caught by "ICE" immigration customer enforcement, after 3 month in crime I was deported. It has been over 5 years and that was the amount of time given to me before I can applied to return, I have been his girlfriend for over 10 years wants to get married with him and file for his return, is there a possibility for him to get legal papers to return, especially with Haiti earth quake issue and non livable state? And if so what will we have to do as far as the process of getting started on the issue?

I cannot answer your question as much as I try to understand it I can't. So make it simpler, for example I need to understand who is the USC? Who was caught by ICE and why? What kind of a crime was involved in the conviction, etc. One thing I can tell you is that assuming that his crime was not "unforgiveable," there is almost always a chance that he can return to the US as someone's immediate relative. A visa petition from you the USC for consular processing, coupled with an I-212 waiver should do the trick (not to worry about the statutory 10 year bar, it can be broken). But you will have to consult with an Attorney in depth. Good luck!