How can I word a request that a punishment be suspended? 4 Answers as of January 08, 2014

I have recently gotten into a bit of trouble and I am writing a presentation as an apology and a request for mercy. My problem is I cannot come up with a proper way to word my request that punishment be suspended. What is the best way to go about this? This is for a repeated offense that I am responsible for, and I was even late to the hearing for my wrong doing.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later. An apology will do you absolutely no good. You need a lawyer pal.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/8/2014
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
You don't tell me what the offense is that you are dealing with, so I really can't say. One thing for certain, the fact that this is a repeat offense does not bode well for you. Base upon your criminal history, how will the judge know you are sincere?
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 1/8/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Don't waste brain power or energy, the judge is not interest in what you write, only how you behave. Prepare for detention.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/8/2014
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
Speak to your attorney, if you don't have an attorney, get an attorney before pleading guilty.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 1/8/2014
Click to View More Answers: