How can I withdraw or cancel my sister's approved or in process green card? 13 Answers as of August 03, 2012

Due to the financial situation; she wishes that her G.C. should be cancelled.
wish to know HOW. we have filed I-130; but wish to know what happens now?

Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
I would recommend that at this time. If you were the one filing for her as a USC sibling, understand that it will take a long time for your sister to come here. Right now they are working on cases filed before 02/15/2001. If you are from India it is 2/2001, China 01/2001, Mexico 06/1996, and Phillippines 02/89. As you can see the wait list for a visa for siblings it taking at least 12 years if not more. I would not do anything as you are in a waiting pattern and the financial difficulties may not last 12 years. I would allow the application to continue. The I-130 is an application showing that you are who you say you are and that you have the right status and the right relationship to apply for someone. It is not the green card application and it does not provide any legal rights other than putting her on the wait list.
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
Just filing the I-130 will not result in the Green Card.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
From your information, it is not clear if your sister had only an I-130 petition filed for her, or an I-130 petition and an I-485 application to adjust status. If I-485 application was not filed yet, she need not worry, because approval of I-130 petition, in itself, does not give her a green card. Depending on who petitioned the government for your sister - a parent, a husband, a brother or a sister, or a child - and whether the petitioner is a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, she might have to wait quite a few years before she would receive a visa. If the I-130 petitioner in this case is a U.S. citizen brother (or sister) of the beneficiary, your sister will not get a visa for, at least, 12 years (23, if she is from the Philippines). By that time, her present concerns are likely to change. If I-485 was already filed, too, there are steps that can be taken to stop its processing without losing the I-130 filing fee and priority date. Then again, there might be reasons for your sister to wish killing the I-130, too. Do yourself and your sister a favor: consult a competent specialist. Otherwise, you can cause much damage that cannot be fixed later.
With an I-130 for a sibling, I don't think that anything will happen so soon. As matters stand right now, it will take approximately 10 years to get to the green card processing stage of this application. Why cancel it? If you're bent upon it, you can just write to USCIS at the address shown at the bottom of your receipt and tell them you wish to withdraw your I-130 petition. Don't expect any money back though.
U.S. Tax Relief, LLC | Dale Heider
If Sister is of the age of majority, you cannot withdraw her application unilaterally.
    NAYAR & MCINTYRE LLP
    NAYAR & MCINTYRE LLP | MARIA MCINTYRE
    You can formally withdraw the I-130 at the service center where it is pending. Alternatively, you can choose not proceed or do anything further with the I-130. If the I-130 has already been approved and CIS or the NVC do not hear from you after a year, the approval will cancel on its own.
    The petitioner can write a letter to the USCIS office that handled the petition and request it be withdrawn. However, you should consider all the implications of withdrawing a petition before taking such as action.
    Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
    The person who filed the petition has to notify in writing to the USCIS center where the file is being processed.
    If you filed I-130 on behalf of your sister, that does not yet mean she has a green card or that the green card/immigrant visa will be approved. Depending on when you filed that petition on her behalf, it could still be years from being approved. Even if it is already approved, it is a petition that establishes a qualifying family relationship which would entitle her to a green card or immigrant visa. She would still need to apply for it. If she no longer wishes to do so, she simply can just not submit her own application when it is time.
    The I-130 petitioner can submit in a letter requesting a withdrawal of the petition to the USCIS office that took the original filing.
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    You may want to consult with an immigration attorney to fully discuss your situation. If an I-130 has been filed for a sibling of a US citizen, it will be many years before a visa is available. If only the I-130 is in process, the actual greencard stage is far away, and there is no need to take action at this time.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    In order to stop the process, you need to send a notarized letter to the address on your I-130 receipt or approval notice informing immigration that you want to withdraw the petition.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    The petitioner can write to USCIS to withdraw the petition.