How can I use public records for testimony as my basis for knowledge? Posted on March 05, 2011

How can I use public records for testimony as my basis for knowledge? It was objected during my trial in family court. I wanted to bring up the past criminal history and Department of Social Services file of my daughter's maternal grandmother. My child resides with her mom and maternal grandmother.

My daughter's maternal grandmother has been arrested for the murder of her child (charges were dropped but evidence remains documented). My daughter's maternal grandmother also had another child removed from her household by the Department of Social Services for child abuse. The reason this is an issue is because my child resides in this household. My daughter's maternal grandmother does not like me and I fear her misdirected hatred will be taken out on my child.

I have in my possession legally attained documents supporting all of my claims. I have an autopsy of the young child that states cause of death "beaten by mother (my daughter's maternal grandmother)." I have the death certificate that states the same. I also have public records that show the findings of the case against the maternal grandmother for the removal of her other son for child abuse.

So in short, my child's maternal grandmother is a dangerous person to my child. The court would not allow me to bring up this information because of the way that I obtained it. I attained the autopsy by calling the Medical Examiners office. I got the other records for the Maryland Archives. The archives sent the records to me certified and stamped/sealed for authenticity. These events (the murder of one child 1972, the removal for abuse 1980) happened well over 15 years ago. The court allowed an objected because the records weren't authenticated through my lawyers office. They did not allow me to testify to even knowing about these events.

How can I present this information to the court during an appeal? I do not want opposing counsel to legally be able to object to me bringing

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: