How can I transfer my probation back home? 5 Answers as of January 13, 2015

I am on supervised misdemeanor probation in Wyoming for possession of marijuana for a term of one year but I live in Michigan. My lawyer said they can't transfer my probation back to Michigan until I finish my drug counseling then I would be moved to unsupervised probation. However my counseling is set for 42 weeks I have a job and house and 3 children in Michigan the judge said nothing about me not being able to transfer but I'm unsure if it's written in my judgment and sentencing. I would like to know what I can do if anything to get home.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
Why are you not asking this in Wyoming?If the situation were revered and Wyoming were willing to accept the transfer of probation, I feel confident you could do it. I have no idea, however, how things work in Wyoming.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/13/2015
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Have your lawyer move to have you take the drug counseling in Michigan and allow you to move back there.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/12/2015
Ask your p/o and if that doesn't work ask the judge...the worst that can happen is they say "no". Have all your info documented and hope for the best.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/7/2015
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
Take a look at your sentencing information, if you do not have it, request a copy from the court which sentenced you. You may also be able to speak with the prosecutor and see if they would stipulate to modifying your probation to allow you to come back to Michigan. Also wouldn't hurt to ask the probation department where you are reporting.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/7/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You will have to deal with the sentencing court.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/7/2015
Click to View More Answers: