How can I transfer my mothers property after she passed away? 1 Answers as of March 04, 2011

After a consult with an attorney last year, I was told that my mother had no estate. I just found out that the title to her mobile home is in my name, but the warranty deed is still in her name. The property is paid off, and had been homesteaded. How can I transfer the property to myself? The property and land are worth about 70,000,and I am a resident of Florida. Do I now have to go to probate?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Generally you will need to do a probate to transfer the home. While it is possible that one is not necessary we would have to see the specific documents. You might check out the Free Florida Probate Handbook which can be obtained at
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: