How can I transfer a DUI case to another state? 11 Answers as of January 10, 2014

I have been evicted from apartment. Any family I have lives in a different state. I have no friends to stay with due to having a dog. I also have no money to get a different place hence the eviction. Will they transfer my case due to this hardship?

O'Leary Associates, P.A.
O'Leary Associates, P.A. | John A. O'Leary
No jurisdiction in other state. Recommend resolving DUI ASAP and move.
No. Criminal cases, even DUIs stay in the state where you were charged.
You can't. They absolutely won't let it happen.
The first question is this. Have you plead or been found guilty? Probation can sometimes be transferred. If you are awaiting trial, that can't be transferred.
No. Because the crime was not committed in another state. No other state has jurisdiction.
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    Unfortunately, no. Your case will be heard in the county where it occurred, a private lawyer can appear on your behalf but otherwise you must appear or a warrant will be issued if you, or a lawyer, do not appear at your arraignment.
    Doubtful, but perhaps they would speed the process due to your circumstances.
    A DUI sentence may be transferred, but a DUI charge must be handled where it occurred.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    No. A DUI is a State level criminal offense. The probation may be transferred, the classes or programs may be done somewhere else, but the actual charges cannot be transferred to another state.
    If you are placed on probation they could transfer your probation to the other state providing that they are willing to accept you. Or, they could keep you on probation and have you report in a different way such as by phone. You can compete the requirements of your probation anywhere, it's just a matter of how you report. Discuss it with your probation officer.
    Catchick Law, PC
    Catchick Law, PC | Matt Catchick
    If you have already been sentenced for the DUI, and you want to transfer your Probation to the new state, call your Probation Officer and ask about their Court's particular procedures for transferring the case to the new state. You may want to also call the applicable Court of the new state where you are moving to, and ask if they accept out-of-state probation transfers.