How can I terminate his rights so my husband can adopt him? 1 Answers as of March 13, 2017

How can I go about terminating my son's father’s right if he hasn't seen him in over a year? He doesn't make contact unless I start the contact. He's very unstable, lives in a home with 9 other people, no job, no car and no license. My son is a special needs child. He doesn't know anything about him or is CPR certified.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You need to start the adoption. As part of it there will be a termination proceeding which the father can agree to, or if not, you can ask the court to terminate his parental rights. If he has little to no contact with the child, doesn't pay child support and is unable to act as a parent, there's a good chance the court would terminate. See a lawyer. Don't try to do this on your own.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/13/2017
Click to View More Answers: