How can I tell if I have a warrant out? 5 Answers as of April 08, 2011

I got a ticket but I had to pay bail. Is there a warrant?

Call the court and ask if they issued a bench warrant. The police can also tell you if a warrant has been issued.
This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However you should check with the court and if there is a warrant , there is a procedure to vacate the warrant. You can vacate it without hiring an attorney.
The best way to tell if you have a warrant out for you is to go to the Court Clerk's office and ask. Of course, if you do, then you'd better be prepared to wait around and appear before a Judge that day to recall it and explain why you didn't show up or whatever the reason was for it being issued. However, perhaps you had to pay bail because of the ticket itself. While it rarely happens, it could be from that alone.

I suggest you consult with an attorney locally and ask him/her to check on the warrant for you or explain it to you. Good luck.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
In general, however, there is no data-base you can access which will tell you if you have a warrant. The only way is to go to the court where the matter originated, and speak with the clerk of the court, who can run your name, date of birth, and other information to determione if there exists an outstanding warrant.
Law Office of Raymond J. Dague, PLLC
Law Office of Raymond J. Dague, PLLC | Raymond J. Dague
It is not a good idea to call the police and ask if there is an arrest warrant out there chasing you. If the answer is "yes" they might just trace the call, and an hour later you could be dealing with a knock on the door with a couple of officers escorting you to the local jail. This is the sort of situation where the attorney needs to make the inquiry for you. I have done this over the years and upon surrender to the court I can often get the client released as I work out the charges for him.