How can I take full possession of a property I own 50% of? 1 Answers as of October 04, 2017

I own 1/2 of a large home. My ex owns the other half. When we separated (never married), he insisted on keeping the home and paying the monthly mortgage. He is about to be 2 months past due. I cannot afford to pay that home and my current home. He has since moved out of that house. He also has since moved in residence from his 2 assisted living facilities (I owned those 2 homes and had him evicted) into the home. He is unreachable. His employees have found drugs many times in the co-owned house. I’m lost. I reported everything to local authorities and nothing has come from it. Is there anything I can do to take full control to be able to sell it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
There are a few things. You can do a partition, which is a court ordered forced sale. I will need to review your docs before telling you for sure. I have a few ideas, though. You might be able to sue for breach of contract IF you can prove your agreement and it was in written form.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 10/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: