How can I take care of a warrant in Florida if I live out of state? 1 Answers as of March 06, 2011

I was arrested in 2004 while on vacation in Marathon, Fl for a DUI. After being released the next day, I returned home which is in California. I checked the Monroe county warrant web site and my name is on it. What do I need to do to resolve this? Thank you for your time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
You can take care of the warrant by hiring an attorney to handle it for you. You will likely have to return to Marathon and turn yourself in because that generally is the only way to get rid of a warrant. But if you get an attorney to represent you they can arrange to have you turn yourself in at a hearing called a Motion to Recall the Capias. The Judge will likely set a bond to insure that you return to deal with the DUI or have your attorney deal with it in your absence. Initially, you will have to come back to Florida though because of the warrant. I would contact a criminal lawyer in Marathon and get them to assist you. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: