How can I take care of my out of state bench warrant? 28 Answers as of September 07, 2012

I had to go to court for speeding 84+ mph. I got my license suspended, community service, and had to take a drivers ed class and $500 fine. I missed my compliance hearing because i had to move out of state which enabled me to comply as well.

You should hire an attorney in the state where the bench warrant is or you may have to go to the other state if you are trying to take care of it without an attorney.
Consult with an attorney in the state where the warrant exists and have him assist you.
If you missed a mandatory court appearance it is likely that the court will have issued a warrant for your arrest. Now, your driver's license will be pearmanently suspended until this matter is resolved. You should plan to return to the county where this is pending, go to the court and see what needs to be done to make corrections, even if you are arrested. Otherwise, consider hiring an attorney to resolve this for you.
You must go back.
Hire an attorney in that state, or at least consult one to determine what is required.
    You must make a court appearance to deal with the warrant.
    Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
    Law Office of Michael E. Dailey | Michael E. Dailey
    You may get this resolved though an attorney in your current state of residence or you may need to contact one in the jurisdiction where it happened. Sometimes local attorneys can get better results than one from long distance. You are most likely not going to get your license back until it is taken care of.
    You are going to have to retain the services of an attorney in the state where the warrant is. Hopefully he can resolve it without you having to come back.
    You need to turn yourself in on the warrant. Most times we can get it set so you don't spend any more time in jail.
    You go to the court where the bench warrant was issued, or you retain an attorney to appear on your behalf.
    Myles Hahn III Attorney at Law | Myles Hahn III
    Call or go to the Secretary of State immediately. See what you need to do to get in compliance. Do it !!!
    Ryan Maesen PLC | Ryan Maesen
    Call the court in the state the warrant is from and make arrangements with them.
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law | Gary Moore
    Call the court and talk to the clerk.
    Miller & Harrison, LLC
    Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
    Contact the court to see if you can resolve it by phone or mail. Or hire a lawyer where the ticket was to straighten thing out.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    Get an attorney in that state to help you with this.
    You either return to the State and report in to the jail on the warrant and wait to be called for court and a bail hearing or you hire a lawyer who may be able to stay the warrant pending a new court date.
    Jason Overton, Attorney at Law
    Jason Overton, Attorney at Law | Jason Overton
    You need to hire an attorney. He will know how to take care of that for you.
    Germaine & Blaszka, P.A.
    Germaine & Blaszka, P.A. | Donald L. Blaszka, Jr.
    You need to surrender yourself to the court in order to remove the out of state bench warrant.
    Talk to your attorney and see if you can get the proof of complaince in to the court by mail.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Get an experienced criminal defense lawyer in the state where the warrant is.
    Law Office of William L Spern | William Spern
    Call the court. If you completed the terms of your probation, many courts will walk the case in without anyone present and dismiss the matter.
    You should retain a good criminal lawyer to surrender on the bench warrant. You could have moved and still made your court date but now you have made the situation more serious and could even have to post bail for your failure to appear. You will have a bench warrant on your record forever and that could cause problems if you are arrested again. You should take case of this before you are arrested on the warrant and held in jail.