How can I take care of my failure to appear from another state? 5 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I have a DUi and a failure to appear in DE. I am now in college and clean and seeeking a new job and a new life. How do I take care of these charges from 3000 miles away? Also I have VERY LITTLE money, as I am unemployment and am in college currently.

The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
While I can't really speak for DE, if the states were reversed such that you live and go to school in DE and you have a warrant in CA, you would have two choices as follows: 1) Personally appear on your own before the court in DE and have the warrant recalled (I wouldn't recommend this) or 2) Hire an experienced DUI attorney to go to court on your behalf and have the warrant recalled. (Best option) I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.
Law Office of Andrew Roberts
Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
Depsite your money situation, you are going to need an attorney in DE to deal with the DUI and fta. This is serious. Take care of this ASAP.
You need to hire an attorney. If you can not afford one do anything you can legally to acquire the funds for an attorney.
I would recommend contacting a DUI/Criminal Defense attorney in DE that is familiar with the Courts in the County that your Failure to Appear is in. They would be best able to provide you with how to handle that issue in that state.
By hiring an attorney in that state. Contact one and discuss the procedures, and whether you must appear in person. If you cant afford private counsel, then youll have to go there, turn yourself into the court and ask for a public defender. You cant get one until the court orders it.