How can I sue someone who threatened to kick my ass and burn my house down? 2 Answers as of June 10, 2013

A girl is renting my house and her off and on boyfriend sent me text messages threatening to kick my ass, threaten to come to my house and threatened to burn my rental house down. I filed a Police report against him for the threats. Can I sue him in civil court? Also, he has a criminal record of assault in Florida.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You could sue him, but my guess is that he doesn't have any money to pay you.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 6/10/2013
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Not sure why you'd want to pick a fight with someone with a record of assault. There is a civil action for assault that covers your situation. (battery covers a physical touching, assault is just the threat).
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: