How can I sue an establishment for slip and fall if they have no insurance? 4 Answers as of March 04, 2011

I fell in an establishment breaking my ankle. I came to find out they do not have insurance. How can I get reimbursed for my medical, pain and suffering?

David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
As a practical matter you dont.
Mukerjee Law Group
Mukerjee Law Group | Sisy A. Mukerjee
They maybe self-insured. Which means you can still go after them for your personal injury claim, and their third party administrator would deal with the settlement of your case; otherwise if they have insurance, you can still go after the company directly, and still obtain a judgment for your claim. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me, as I would be happy to assist you.
Of course you can, but you may not be able to collect on the judgment you get against them.
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates | Lyle B. Masnikoff
It depends. You may be able to sue the oweners if they have any assets, there also may be other insurance available to you. You need to contact a personal injury attorney.