How can I stop my ex spouse from harassing me for child support? Posted on July 28, 2011

I am self-employed and live in Georgia. I am paying my child support in full on a monthly basis in Alabama as ordered by Jefferson County in Birmingham. I run payroll for my company once a month on the 25th of each month, where a check is cut and sent directly to the Child Support Payment Center in Montgomery AL. It seems every month or so I get a harassing text message or phone call from my daughters mother threatening to take me to court with her lawyer if I don't pay her on a specific date that she wants. I have made my payments this way for the past 4 months, since the clerks office at the Birmingham Court said they were no longer accepting payments and all payments should be sent directly to Montgomery. Is there any way I can file a PTO against her to stop this harassment every month for no reason? If there are any attorneys in the area to help with this case please contact me. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: