How can I stop my ex from taking my child? 1 Answers as of August 05, 2011

I have custody of my daughter on the weekends, but this coming one, my ex is telling me her parents are taking her out of state and theres nothing I or the police can do about it. How do I stop her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard B. Kell
Law Office of Richard B. Kell | Richard B. Kell
It sounds like you have weekend visitation, which your ex may be violating. There is probably nothing you can do to stop her from taking your child this weekend on such short notice, but I suggest having your court papers reviewed by a family law attorney to determine whether you should bring an action for contempt against her. With these cases, you can be reimbursed for your attorney's fees.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 8/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: