How can I stop creditors from calling? 1 Answers as of September 17, 2010

I discharged the debt on my old apartment and have moved away since. But now I am getting calls and being harassed by collection agencies asking for me to pay that old loan. How do I stop them from doing this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Mark J. Markus
The Law Office of Mark J. Markus | Mark Markus
If the creditor/collection agency refuses to acknowledge the discharge, you have no alternative but to go to the bankruptcy court to remedy the violation. This is done either as Motion for Sanctions for violation of the post discharge injunction pursuant to 11 USC 524, or some courts do it via an "order to show cause" re: sanctions. You need to hire an attorney for this.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2010
Click to View More Answers: