How can I sponsor my new husband if I am a green card holder and I got married two months ago? 2 Answers as of April 12, 2011

I'm a green card holder and I got married a two months ago. My new husband has been living here for 10 years. He tourist visa expired 9 1/2 years ago. How can I start the process? How long will take it?

Because your husband is out of status. You need to be a U.S. citizen in order to petition for him. If you petition for him as an LPR then he will have to wait for his visa number to become current and he will have to leave the U.S. to pick up his immigrant visa.
You can file an I-130 petition for him now. However, he will not be able to file for his Green Card until you become a U.S. Citizen. If you are eligible to file for Naturalization to become a U.S. Citizen it takes about six months to become a citizen. Once you are citizen it will take about 6 months for your husband to get his Green Card.