How can I sponsor my brother who was deported? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

My brother is deported. I am a citizen and want to sponsor him. How can I? I am married and have catering business. My husband agreed to do so and I do not know how to this. Please help...Thanks

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You will need to start with an I-130 petition for your brother. This will be sent to the National Visa Center upon approval and the process of waiting will begin. It will take8 to 15 years at the current rate. I did not ask about the reason why he was deported since it is going to take a very long time for his visa to become available. By the time it does, he will have spent the requisite 10 years outside the US before being able to re-apply for admission with a form I-212. So, get started. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: