How can I sign my rights to my child over to the other parent? 2 Answers as of February 27, 2011

The mother of my child gets government assistance and had to comply with child support. She does not want me on child support and I want to sign over my rights. How can I go about this? And in what circumstances can I do this and not do this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Rhonda R. Werner Schultz, PL
Rhonda R. Werner Schultz, PL | Rhonda R. Werner Schultz
If the mother of your child is married her current husband can adopt the child and terminate your rights. There are limited circumstances where you can terminate your rights without the child being adopted by another, such as child abuse, extended period of time in prison during the child's life, that your being the parent is not in the child's best interest. It is extremely difficult to terminate your rights and walk away from your obligation to pay child support, without someone else stepping in to take over as the parent.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 2/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: