How can I settle my medical expenses? 12 Answers as of November 12, 2013

I was diagnosed with p.t.s.d severe depression,anxiety , long and short term memory loss, from the airbag knocking me out and burning my face and arms. I had 4 epidermal; 3 in back 1 in neck and then recently had knee surgery. They cleaned my knee and fixed my torn meniscus, had physical therapy for my back and knee twice. 6 months of chiropractor because of bulging disc in my back and neck many trigger point injections bin on pain medicines for 6 months and now they wanna give me cervical factorial injection and then possibly surgery for my neck. I'm currently in debt from this and in collections and the total bills including are is almost 100,000.00. I was hit head on from someone heading in my lane of travel he was issued 2 citations careless driving and failure to maintain lane. I'm really praying to get money because loss of work, loss family time and couldn't take my nephews trick or treating and many other loses including lose of intimacy, sexual impotent, many other side effects...

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C.
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C. | Pete Leehey
If you are not currently represented by an experienced personal injury lawyer, you need to contact one immediately to discuss your rights.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Replied: 11/12/2013
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
You need to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/12/2013
Law Office of Robert M. Turkewitz
Law Office of Robert M. Turkewitz | Robert M. Turkewitz
You should consult with an attorney who handles automobile injury cases.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 11/12/2013
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Unless the other vehicle is a truck or bus, you'll be very lucky if the insurance coverage is more than the minimum of $15,000. Contact the other driver's insurance company and ask for the policy limit, whatever it is. They'll want to see your bills.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/11/2013
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
Why have you not gotten an attorney to represent you? If you had you could have put all the medical costs in a third party claim, which would be paid off once you either settled or received a judgment.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 11/11/2013
    Graves Law Firm
    Graves Law Firm | Steve Graves
    You need a lawyer.? Don't try to do this on your own.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 11/12/2013
    John Russo | John Russo
    Sounds like you have been reading something to come up with these terms, you must have missed the section on retaining counsel in personal injury claims, there is no magic bullet here no tricks to settle a case, just a well seasoned attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
    Replied: 11/11/2013
    Matthew D Kaplan LLC
    Matthew D Kaplan LLC | Matthew D Kaplan
    I am sorry to read about your injuries. Please consult with an injury attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon
    Replied: 11/12/2013
    Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law
    Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law | Robert C. Slim
    I recommend you call and get a free consultation. There are many aspects to a personal injury settlement besides signing and getting a settlement check: hospital liens, subrogation liens, assignments of benefits, etc. You really should not go into this blindly. You could settle only to get a call from someone down the road who you did not account for when you settled. And then they come after you for their money. You have to make sure there are no loose ends.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 11/7/2013
    Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
    Sue the SOB. That's how you pay for the medical care.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/7/2013
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    It sounds like your claim is a substantial one. How much automobile liability insurance coverage did the other driver have? If his insurance is inadequate, you may have to make a claim against your under insured motorist coverage of your automobile insurance policy. With the severity of your injuries, I think you should hire a personal injury lawyer to help you get the settlement you deserve. The settlement should cover your bills, your lost wages, and compensation for your pain, suffering, and disability.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 11/7/2013
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    I hope you have a lawyer helping you with this.if not hire seem to have serious medical issues and there is help available financially to take care of your collection issues. So, if you have a competent personal injury lawyer and if the other party has coverage you should not be worrying about a lot of these issues except how to get better in your health.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 11/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney