How can I serve my husband divorce papers if he lives in the Bahamas? 2 Answers as of April 11, 2017

My husband and I have two kids together. Currently, he is in the Bahamas and I'm having a difficult time getting my husband to receive his petition because I do not know where he actually lives nor does he wants to communicate with me. When I reach out to him, he does not answer the phone or when I text him through an App he will not respond. He communicates with the kids and expects them to tell me what he says. What are my options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Your very best option is to hire an attorney, someone who handles court cases like this for a living. It will be difficult to get him served with the papers, but it can be done. You only other option is to try to get it done yourself.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/11/2017
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
There exists a Hague Convention regarding international service of process. It is complicated, expensive and you will need an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/11/2017
Click to View More Answers: